Services offered by the Parcel Post Section
The services are receiving of:
- Express mail Service
- Registered Packages
- Parcels and small packets
- Posting of parcels
The process involved in obtaining these services are:
Clearing a package:
- A slip is issued by the despatcher bearing the advice number, name and address of the customer/sender and the manifest number.
- Upon arrival by the customer to clear a package, the Postman offering assistance requests an identification from the customer.
- After being satisfied by the ID provided, the customer is asked to sign the advice slip.
- Parcel is selected from shelf and brought to the counter for opening and inspection by the customs officer.
- Customer pays clearance charges if necessary.
Posting of packages:
- Customer brings goods in an open box along with tape and wrapping paper.
- Post man inspects package in order to determine what is allowed in the mail and weighs the package.
- Informs the customer of the amount of postage to be paid and a declaration form to be filed out.
- Post man passes the parcel to the despatcher to be processed and bagged for the next available flight