- Inspection and certification of electrical installation for electricity supply application;
- Maintenance of Government’s electrical system;
- Advising and assisting Government ministries and departments in planning, identifying and acquiring its electricity and electrical needs.
Operating Since 1996
The Electrical Division is charged under the Electricity Supply Act #21 of 1996 with the inspection and certification of all electrical installations before they are connected to the national grid. This certification is done in accordance to the IEE regulations.
Assuming that the installation is completely wired, the following are steps required to facilitate the inspection and certification process:
- Collect application form from the Electrical Division, DOMLEC's office at Marigot or the Sub Treasury at Portsmouth, and fill accordingly. Return filled form to Electrical Division and pay appropriate initial fees.
- Prepare installation for inspection as described on application form.
- Inspectors visit installation and carry out inspection and tests based on IEE regulations.
- Installation passes inspection / Certificate given.
- Certificate taken to power company for connection of installation to the grid.